Are you looking for healthy chocolate cake recipe? you are very lucky to find this article, since almost everyone likes chocolate-flavored cakes, but besides that, the taste is very popular with many people. Chocolate cake is sometimes made from a lot of sugar mixture so that people who eat just one slice of the cake will have high blood sugar in their bodies. Therefore, we want to share tips with you on how to cook healthy chocolate cake using some secret ingredients that you may often encounter, but you are not aware of the great benefits of these ingredients.
Therefore, in this recipe, we will give you an easy and healthy recipe for chocolate cake that won't raise your blood sugar drastically when you eat it.
Secret Ingredients to Make Healthy Chocolate Cake
Coconut sugar and virgin coconut oil are two great ingredients that can be used to make a delicious cake that is both healthy and flavorful. Coconut sugar is a natural sweetener that is low on the glycemic index, meaning it doesn't cause spikes in blood sugar levels. It also contains essential vitamins and minerals like potassium, magnesium, and iron. Virgin coconut oil, on the other hand, is a healthy fat that contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are easily digested and converted to energy.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
Simplest Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch cake pan with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the coffee, melted coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cake as is, or top it with whipped coconut cream, fresh berries, or melted dark chocolate.
100% Anti-Fail Healthy Chocolate Cake Tips
- Make sure to use brewed coffee that has been cooled to room temperature, otherwise it may cook the egg in the batter.
- If you don't have coconut sugar, you can use brown sugar as a substitute. But please not that coconut sugar has lower glycemic index which means coconut sugar will not spike your blood sugar while you eating the slice of cake
- You can also add 1/2 cup of shredded coconut / desiccated coconut to the batter for an extra coconut flavor and texture.
- To make this cake vegan, you can substitute the egg with a flax egg or applesauce.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
In conclusion, this cake recipe is a great way to use virgin coconut oil and coconut sugar in a delicious and healthy dessert. It's easy to make, and the result is a moist and flavorful cake that is perfect for any occasion. You may often encounter some of these materials when you are shopping at a local store, but you don't realize it. So why not give it a try and enjoy the taste of coconut in your next chocolate cake?