Homemade Hot chocolate is a classic comfort drink that warms the soul on a cold winter’s day. It’s a perfect way to unwind, whether you’re curled up with a good book, watching a movie, or simply enjoying some quiet time by the fireplace. In this recipe, we’re going to put a twist on the traditional hot chocolate by using coconut sugar, a natural sweetener with a delightful hint of caramel flavor. This coconut sugar hot chocolate is not only delicious but also a healthier alternative to regular hot cocoa. So, grab your favorite mug and let’s dive into this creamy and delightful recipe.
Let’s Make The Best Hot Chocolate Mix
Ingredients For Thick Hot Chocolate:
- 2 cups of whole milk (you can use non-dairy milk for a vegan option)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream (or coconut cream for a vegan option)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Whipped cream (optional, for garnish)
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder (optional, for garnish)
Equipment For Thick Hot Chocolate:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Your favorite mug
- Heat the Milk: Start by pouring the two cups of whole milk into a saucepan and place it over medium heat. Heat the milk until it’s steaming but not boiling. Stir occasionally to prevent a skin from forming on top.
- Sift Cocoa Powder: While the milk is heating, sift the 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder into a separate bowl. This step helps to remove any lumps and ensures your hot chocolate is smooth and velvety.
- Combine Cocoa and Coconut Sugar: In another bowl, combine the sifted cocoa powder and the 1/4 cup of coconut sugar. The coconut sugar will add a wonderful caramel-like sweetness to your hot chocolate.
- Mix Cocoa-Sugar Mixture into Milk: Once the milk is steaming, add the cocoa-sugar mixture to the saucepan. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients, making sure there are no clumps. Continue to heat the mixture, stirring constantly, for about 2-3 minutes until it’s well incorporated and the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Add Heavy Cream and Vanilla: Pour in the 1/4 cup of heavy cream (or coconut cream for a vegan option) and the 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. Stir well to combine, and continue to heat the mixture until it’s hot but not boiling.
- Season with a Pinch of Salt: Add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavors of the hot chocolate. Stir to incorporate it into the mixture.
- Serve Your Creamy Coconut Sugar Hot Chocolate: Pour your creamy hot chocolate into your favorite mug. You can top it with a dollop of whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or a dusting of cocoa powder for an extra indulgent touch.
Coconut Flower Sugar For Healthy Hot Chocolate
Why we choose coconut flower sugar to replace of regular sugar? coconut sugar have a lot benefits such as contains lot of minerals, have a thick caramel taste, and the main thing is coconut sugar have a low glycemic index that makes hot chocolate healthier than usual homemade hot chocolate that contains lot of sugar and sweeteners with high glycemic index
Best Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Using Coconut Flower Sugar
Indulging in a mug of hot chocolate is one of life’s simple pleasures, and this creamy coconut sugar hot chocolate takes that pleasure to a new level. The use of coconut sugar not only adds a unique flavor but also makes this hot chocolate a healthier option than traditional recipes. So, the next time you’re looking to treat yourself or impress guests, whip up a batch of this delectable hot chocolate and savor the warmth and comfort it brings. Enjoy every sip of this velvety, rich, and perfectly sweetened drink on a chilly day.